TRANSLATE

Friday 24 April 2015

#Midnight Sun Challenge Chapter 2.3 Our New Home!



I was having the time of my life!  Running through the tall grass, I was scaring up all kinds of butterflies and grasshoppers that skittered out of my way to avoid being stomped on.  I was in the middle of a race, chasing Sophie as she barked in happy tones as if to say "look out here I come and hurry up Jin!"  I had no idea where I was going, as my view of the distance beyond Sophie was just a light blue blur with green undertones for grass.  But I was happy, so very happy.  I felt free.  I felt happy.  I felt alive!

Then suddenly I stopped, for in the distance I could hear my mother's voice echoing in the soft breeze, first quietly then more strongly as I turned this way and that.  "Mom, where are you?"

"Jinnnn.  It's time to wake up.  Wake up sleepyhead.  We're here!"

Away went the bright blue sky and the green grass and I awoke to see my mother kneeling on the ground beside me.  




Earlier, my parents had tried to get me to go back to bed, but I resisted saying I wanted to see our new home as soon as we arrived.  Yet the sandman had won the battle of my fight against my bobbing head and the potent sleep drugs filling my body.

I jumped out of the chair and went to the railing, only to remember that the helm was at the front of the ship and we had backed into the dock. 

"Can we go now?"  I asked.

"I think we should wait till it gets a little more light out," said dad.

"Ahhh, please!"

"No.  We will wait like your father says.  Lets go and have some breakfast and by the time we are done, it should be light enough to go and explore"

I was very disappointed, as waiting for things is really not my thing, but then mom asked what I would like for breakfast, and downstairs we went to make waffles.

By the time we sat to eat it was already light out, so I rushed through my breakfast as quick as I could.  




Dad still wouldn't let me go because he said he wanted to check out the island first to make sure it was safe for me and Sophie.  I paced the inside of the house for what seemed like forever and in my frustration, I decided I would get back at my dad by putting a whoopy cushion in his favourite sitting spot.  




Finally, we heard dad calling to us and I ran outside into the warm sun and even brighter sky!  




It was like paradise, full of trees and plants and even a waterfall! That was the end of my fascination of our new world because I suddenly saw the basketball net!! 




Dad and I started a game and continued to play till almost lunch. I think that all my dance practice really paid off because I was able to really jump up to the net!  Better than dad I'd say.   I can't tell you how much fun it is to run outside!

Mom kept herself busy by looking around the island and playing with her bean bag.  





She looked so happy, younger even, like some weight had been lifted or some worry was suddenly gone.  Seeing her like that made me even happier, which was amazing considering how happy I already was.



Suddenly we all realized that we were no longer alone on the island.  While we laughed and played, two horses and some deer had made their way out from hiding to look at us from a closer distance.



The deer is not quite ready to be friends, but that is okay with me.




Eventually we will become good friends if I have anything to say about it.










Soon it was high noon (that's what dad calls it) and we were all feeling the hot sun beating down on our heads.  Dad suggested we check out the beach.  There's a beach???

The island was a lot bigger than I thought!  The water looked so inviting that we all changed into our suits and waded into the water. This was my first time, and I was a little scared so I stayed close to the beach until I felt more secure.  Mom told me I was a natural.  She said if I could balance on the tips of my toes, I could certainly balance in water, and she was right.  Swimming is more fun than I ever dreamed!



  
Sophie started to whine really loudly.  She wouldn't come into the water no matter how much I coaxed her to and I couldn't stand listening to her cry.  I decided she was more important than swimming and came out to play fetch with her on the beach. 




It didn't last long since it was so hot.  She left me to go and  find some shade. If only she had just come into the water with me!



Mom brought out her blow up bed and was quite content floating around on the water. 







Dad came out of the water because he had just spied something he hadn't yet seen.  


Around the side of the island we saw the two horses from before, but with them...was a foal!

She was so pretty with a white face and four white feet.  I wanted to keep her and call her socks, but dad said we couldn't. Just because she was on the island, didn't mean she belonged to us.  He said, if we were lucky and respected her space, she would hopefully stay and live with us on the island.  I guess I will just have to be happy with that.  He told me to stay away until the horse parents understood we meant no harm to them.  That was going to be a real challenge! She was just so cute I wanted to hug her and pet her.  I hope Sophie doesn't chase them and scare them away.

Needing a distraction, I set to making a sand castle in the sandbox on the beach.  Seems silly to have a sandbox on the sandy beach, don't you think?  I did notice however, that this sand was much softer than the beach sand, and I loved the feel of it as it trickled through my fingers.  




I never did make that castle after all.  Oh well, there is always tomorrow.  Unless your mother decides to sit down and finish it for you! MOM!!





















We finished off the day sitting by the fire and
roasting marshmallows.  





Mine didn't go so well as you can see.....




















Later when mom was tucking me into bed, I asked her if this was the place we were going to stay.  

"Yes of course.  Don't you like it here?"

"I love it here! This is the best place ever!" 
(Hey, I'm only 5 after all)

"Well good.  Then it is settled.  Good night Jin.  Sweet dreams," she said to me.

"Night mom."

Just before I sign off, I do want to point out, that just as I said, mom did find a way to get that jungle climber for Aria.  
























Of course it only took a whole new island to do it!










*************************************************************************************















CC Used In This Chapter


Poses
8 Seductive Pose Pack  by MartyP
http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims3-poses/title/8-seductive-pose-pack/id/1250317










5 comments:

  1. Great job Bmit, that is so cute, Love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! Did you get a chance to read from the beginning? If you go to the archives on the right, choose 2014, then September, you will find chapter One Meet Ian

      Delete