TRANSLATE

Tuesday 9 September 2014

Disclaimer For This Story



Disclaimer


If you have been following along with my blog I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you and that I hope you have been enjoying the story line as it has evolved.  

We as dedicated and loyal Sims players, have accepted several facts about Sims.  

We accept that timelines in the game are extremely short.
We accept that one can earn a University degree in two to four weeks of in game time.
We accept that pregnancy is 2-3 days long
We accept that age spans are completely changeable and are easily changed by us the players.
We accept that story lines can really only be taken so far and that in order to make a really interesting story in our game, we must manipulate situations to create the look of that story line.

The Midnight Sun Challenge has very strict rules in how to play the game.

1.  You were stranded there when your cruise ship went down
2.  You can not socialize with other people on the island or in the water.
3.  You can not leave the island unless you are finding a mate and then you have limited time and places to go.
4.  You must not use cheats.

With that said I would like to take this opportunity to say that I am very strict about rules.  So in saying that, I want to be clear, that I have played the Midnight Sun Challenge following the rules set out by the creator.  In order to make for a more interesting story line, I have asked you to forget the cruise ship sinking.  I feel that if you got stranded there, how did you leave to find a mate?  So in my story, I have asked you to consider that Ian chose to move there for the isolation.  Without giving you any spoiler alerts, I would like to delicately say that in order to get the pics I need for posting the story, I started a second game (not the challenge) to place the sims where I need them to get the pictures.  In doing that, I need to use cheats.  This is the reason for starting the second game.  I will not be using cheats in the actual challenge game.  In the challenge game Maya did go to university (which is allowed) and she did meet Eddy Mullins. He, however is not a rock star but an art student.  I thought he looked like a rock star and ran with the idea.  He will be enrolled in the art program for my story and he is for the challenge. They did have a relationship which was pretty intense.  Beyond that I can not say because I will be giving things away.  I believe you will easily be able to tell the difference between fact and embellishment.

Finally, I would like to ask you to stretch the things we have accepted about the Sims game and make them more like real life.  I want you to think that a stay at University is actually 3 months for a term.  I want you to possibly think that pregnancy takes longer than 3 days and that toddlers don't age up in 3-7 days.  

I hope you continue to enjoy the story as it progresses.  I know I have quite a few things hidden up my sleeve and this is only just first generation!  Can't wait to see what I come up with for the next, and the next and the next and the next....!!

No comments:

Post a Comment