TRANSLATE

Friday 5 February 2016

Chapter 2.26 School and New FRIENDS



The morning of my first official day of school, I woke up early almost excited about my first day.  Sylvia made me blueberry pancakes again for breakfast and she told me I needed to hurry up because the bus would be arriving any moment.  

"Bus?  Seriously? why do I need to ride the bus when school is just right there," I said pointing to the outside in the direction of the school.

"I know," she said.  "Rules are rules."


I hurried through breakfast and walked outside just in time to see the bus drive up. Ridiculous, I thought to myself, but hey less walking for me so I won't complain. Especially on those rainy days.


The busy ride took literally 30 seconds.  Okay I didn't time it, perhaps I would tomorrow!  So a five min walk where I could sleep half hour more, or a quick bus ride?  Weighing the pros and cons in my head here.  Plus I was the only one on the bus too.  Weird. Like it's my own personal limo.  Yellow, uncomfortable seats and no beverages but hey, all mine, so that is kind of cool.



I arrived at the school, stood in line with a bunch of kids, mostly girls and waited as everyone entered the building one at a time.  It took forever!  I saw Cameron up ahead but I couldn't get to her and she went into the school before I could even yell out her name. Then, I walked into the classroom and was immediately ushered back out to a bus to go on a field trip; to where I didn't know.



 The teacher sat with me, which was strange considering there were all these other empty seats, and he never said a word.  When we got off I just followed all the other kids.  It was a nice view.


























We arrived at this really large building that I found out was the hospital.  What kind of class takes a trip to the hospital?  Oh yeah a biology one.  Science-not my favourite class.

The one thing I had learned living here, was that all the buildings were just massive with doorways big enough to fit a giant through. Did the town date back to medieval times or something?  Yes I know giants aren't real, give me a break.  I'm just saying, these doorway openings are just huge!

Anyway the first day went okay.  I only got to see Cameron in the hallways mostly and I didn't see her after school before having to get on the bus.  I had heard that a lot of the kids hung out at this place called Mick's, so when I got home and no one was there, I called a taxi to take me there.  
I waited for hours covering part of that time doing homework, but no teens showed up.  I went home disappointed and feeling a little homesick.  I called my dad, who asked about my day.  I asked him if I could go home, but he said this move was for the best and I needed to give it a good try.  He didn't stay on the phone long and wouldn't let me talk to mom or Sun.  I went to bed feeling incredibly sad and lonely.

The next day, I searched for Cameron after school and asked if she wanted to do anything.  Her face lit up with excitement and then obvious disappointment.  She said she would love to, but she had hours of work to do in the library for a school project.  

"Can I come?  I could help or do my homework and not bug you.  I just really don't want to go back to the Monty house!"

"Sure!"


We did start out exactly as we planned, eyes focused on books, pencils scribbling on paper. 







But after so many glances across the table to one another, it became evidently clear that all concentration had left the building. Before we knew it, we found ourselves on the deserted third floor getting into all kinds of mischief.  From up there we could see clear down to the main floor where people came and went through the main doors and lounged on the sofas directly below us. 

"Hey, hey, hey," I said nudging her.  "Check it out.  See that guy in the plaid hat?  Watch his eyes.  Do you see it? He's trying to pretend he is reading his book but what he is really doing is looking up that woman's skirt.  She should really learn to close her legs!"
























"You think that is bad?  From my angle I can see right down her dress and I don't think she is even wearing underwear!" 













 


"Ewwwwwww!" I replied that had both of us in fits of hysteria.



























One by one all the patrons left basically leaving us alone in the library.  We hung out in the alcove on the third floor talking about school and Cameron's friends.   



Just before eleven, Cameron bolted up,  

"Oh no, what time is it?"

"Soon to be eleven I think," I replied

"We got to go!" Cameron said in some alarm.

We parted at the library doors, both heading in opposite directions. "I'll see you at school," she yelled just before popping into the taxi.

Over the next two weeks, Cameron and I spent a lot of time hanging out together.  She introduced me to her horses and tried to make me a rider.

The first horse she tried to get me to ride was Speedy.  Speedy is quite the character in his own way so when I walked up to him and went to put on a saddle, Speedy responded like this:


Who knew that horses could actually laugh.

So when she pointed at Chardonnay next, you know the guard horse with the crazy eyes, I said to her "are you crazy?  Nah uh! No way!"

"Jin Bell, get your butt on that horse!"







It took me a bit to get up on him (geez have you seen how tall that horse is?)  I was feeling pretty proud of myself.















But after walking him four feet, he promptly bucked me off.  Hence ending any desire to ride a horse ever again.  


Which was just fine with me because to be honest it made me really sad and miss Boots.  He was someone I hadn't thought of often since I was little but when I did, the memory was still very clear. 

Not wanting to ride didn't get me out of having to attend all those horse shows though, some of which Cameron either raced in or competed for jumping.  Those were interesting, but the others were just a huge bore.  Half the time I had no idea what they were talking about.

To pay her back, I took her to scary movies, which I knew she absolutely hated!  Hehehehe.  She became really freaked over the movie called The House With No Doors.

"That was the scariest thing I have ever seen in my life!  You are so mean Jin Bell!  I swear I won't sleep for weeks!" 

"Oh c'mon!  It wasn't that scary!  As far as I could tell you were the only one with her face hidden in someone's shoulder."



"But that scene...with that guy and the kid!  And when that bird came flying right at us on the screen!  And where on earth did that ax come from anyway!"






"Oh my gosh, you are totally hopeless," Jin sighed.  "I give up.  I'm going home."


















"So soon? Its not even nine yet."
"I still have homework yet to do.  See ya."

"Oh.  Okay I guess.  Bye."

Friday night I actually had a sleep over at her house. 

 Her step father hadn't fully finished the house yet, but on the third floor he did have a room started which I think was supposed to be a nursery.  It had a bunk bed where I slept while Cameron slept in her room on the second floor.  
Staying at her house wasn't a lot different than my own as her parents were just as lovey dovey with their affections as my parents were.  I began to wonder if all families were like that.  Cameron explained that her mom and Travis had only been married for two years and were desperate to have a child.  Building the house and caring for the horses had taken up a lot of their time, so they were just getting around to trying since the colts would soon be going to auction.  Cameron's father, had been a real "ladies man" messing around with women behind her mother's back.  He now lives across town and is married to someone else.  She didn't see him often and she was quite happy with that arrangement.

After that I actually spent a lot of time at her house, helping the family with whatever was needed, from farm chores,







to housework.  I was just so happy to have found a place to belong while I was going to be stuck here.







Somehow without even trying, little Mistt had become very attached to me.  She followed me around everywhere, nudging me for attention.  She was the youngest and newest colt of the ranch
just a week old when I started spending time with Cameron.  Her three white legs reminded me even more of Socks, even though she was so dark she could almost be called Midnight black.  She was also going to auction and I was trying really hard not to get attached to her, but she was making it really difficult!  I would have bought her for myself, if I thought my parents would consider another horse on the island.  But Mistt was meant for the life of the jumping circuit and was destined to have as good a career as her mother.  I couldn't take that away from her to be the lone horse on a secluded island.  So when the time came, I watched Travis lead her away, holding back the tears I wished not to fall.

After that, Cameron and I spent a lot of our time away from the ranch.  She packed picnics and we ate down by the little pond.  









She worked on homework, while I watched. Well more like helped actually.


We talked a lot about life and what she wanted from it.  I didn't talk that much around this subject because I didn't want her to know why I was there.  Its not that I didn't trust Cameron, but can you imagine if that bit of gossip got around.  'Did you hear, Jin is in love with his sister?!'  Yah, no.  I also didn't want to make up a lie either so, I said things like "I don't know" or "I haven't decided yet."  Both were very true and very unfortunate as things currently stood.  

I frustrated her to no end with my lack of a clear plan for my life and she was always trying to push me into making decisions. 

"Time is ticking on Jin.  You're what eighteen in six months?  You should have some idea by now what you want to do!" 


At that point I got really ticked with her and told her if she didn't leave it alone, we were going to have to stop hanging out together.  That seemed to get through to her and I never heard another word about it again.  It had been two weeks since I arrived in Monte Vista, and as it wasn't a very 'happening place' I was running out of ideas for things to do.  Cameron was quite happy on her ranch with the horses and didn't care about anything else, but I was still a little afraid of being around Chardonnay and Speedy continued to laugh at me every time he saw me.  So if we wanted to hang out it had to be somewhere else.  This place was so boring that even the only night club was permanently shut down!



I settled on teaching Cameron how to fish.  She wasn't quite sure about it, especially the bait on a hook thing, so I brought vegetables for her to use.  We spent about three hours in silence and at the end she was miffed she only caught three tiny fish while, I had in my fish bag, a bunch of large trout.  

"Put them back!  That is so mean!  I put mine back."

"Heck no I'm not going to put them back.  I'm going to eeeat them. nom nom nom nom nom," I teased her while mimicking an eating action.

"Ewwww, gross!"

"C'mon seriously?  Don't tell me you have never eaten fish before when it was served to you.  Where did you think it came from?"


"When it is served to me on a plate, it doesn't have sad eyes looking up at me saying SAVE ME!"

I laughed because the expression on her face was just so comical.







Then what she did next stopped my heart cold and I never saw it coming.


































"What the hell was that?"  I screamed at her.  "Why did you do that?"













"Well someone had to do it and it was becoming very clear that you never were.  I mean GEEZ JIN, we've been dating for like two weeks now!  We're you ever going to get around to it?"

"NO!  Because we are not dating!  Just hanging out, FRIENDS like.  Why on Simworld would you think we were dating?!!"

"Gee, I don't know Jin.  Lets see.  One, you took me to the movies, two- we've been on picnics, three-we spend ALL our time together."

"I've also, done chores on your farm, scrubbed your toilets and cleaned your kitchen AND had sleepovers with you.  Does that sound like a date?"







"Well no, it sounds like a guy who is showing me he is marriage material.  But okay fine, it's out there so can we at least discuss it?  What do you think about dating, me I mean?"











"Look it Cameron.  I am not the boyfriend or the marrying kind.  Got it!"

"Wait, are you like gay or something?  Is that it? Cause otherwise we get along great together."


















"What- you're so hot and such a catch that if I don't want you there must be something wrong with me.  Is that what you are saying? Loser move Cameron! I never would have guessed you would be such a -"












"What?  A bitch?  W H A T E V E R!   
See you later Jerk! 



Later at home, I was feeling really bad about the way things went down with Cameron and I planned on apologizing if I saw her again.  I called my dad, feeling really homesick and trying to hold back tears.

"Please dad,  I don't like it here.  I just want to come home.  Please, can I come home.  I promise what happened with me and Sun wont happen again.  I just need to come home."

"No son I'm sorry.  I know what almost happened on the beach was not your fault.  But still, you need to stay there."

"Can I talk to mom?"

"I don't think that is a good idea.  I can hear in your voice you've had a bad time of it.  But this is for the best Jin.  I love you son."

Then he hung up.  I've never felt so unloved in my whole life as I did at that moment.  I did cry then, like a baby.  And it didn't make me feel the least bit better.


FUCK YOU DAD!




CC Used In This Chapter







Cameron Simms by ddutoit
Click










Honor by BMiT04
Click













     

Firefighter Travis Reid by BMiT04
Click







Hairs-Cameron   Jin

Clothing-Pizazz


Poses-IMHO  

Only Yours 
Titanic

5 comments:

  1. That was great! lol :D Poor Jin... he's so homesick. Can't wait to see what's next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited to get writing them! Its been so long coming. Jin actually went to MV in March for me, not May like I originally thought. That is how long I have been waiting to write these for everyone.

      Delete
  2. All caught up. I was on my way to bed but decided I'm not toooooo old for a bedtime story. Lol! I love the pics of the crazy facial expressions. Nice job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was an awesome Sim to play with. She is quite the character and I thank you for creating her! So much fun! But, keep posted because we aren't done with Cameron yet!

      Delete
  3. Funny chapter. But poor Jin, so very homesick. I feel for him and a bit sorry for Cameron too although I think she is well able to take care of herself.

    ReplyDelete