TRANSLATE

Saturday 2 May 2015

#Midnight Sun Challenge Chapter 2.6 Trouble Is My Middle Name



I think it goes without saying that after dad discovered what I had done to his book draft, I was in the biggest trouble I had ever been in. 


If it had only been the booby trapped computer, I think dad would have been mildly annoyed.

















But when he discovered what I had done to his book ...well lets just say it was the first time I had actually seen my dad mad; really mad!
















I hid up in the top floor of the lighthouse for quite some time to allow his temper to cool down.  Not that dad would hurt me or anything.  On hindsight, it really was wrong to do what I did.  I know that.  But what also was wrong, was hiding in an all glass room where I could be seen from everywhere. 




I thought that it would give me a good vantage point to see everything that was going on.  I never thought my parents would think of looking there first.  Of course, letting Sophie see where I went probably wasn't the wisest thing to do either.  I thought she would just stay up there with me, but she didn't.  I was found in no time and my punishment began.
  
I was ordered to sit at the table and listen.

My parents told me that my behaviour was getting out of hand. They said I needed some perspective and the only way that was going to happen, was through hard work, and putting some distance between me and the horses.  I protested heartily!


"I really don't see what is the big deal.  Its not like I deleted dad's book.  I mean all he had to do was highlight and delete my journal entry. "












"That isn't the point and you know it!  It's the fact that you did it at all.  You didn't delete my book, that is true, but you could have or really messed it up."

"But I didn't!"  I replied.

"Jin Charles Bell, I have had enough of this new found attitude. Ever since we moved to the island, it's like you have become a different boy.  Well that is going to change!  You've just earned yourself three days grounding.  Be prepared to work and work hard."

That, I didn't like the sound of.  Over react much dad! Really!!



Every morning dad woke me up early and I was given a list of chores I needed to complete by the end of the day. 












It always started with the chickens, feeding and collecting the eggs. I took my annoyance out on Charles, asking him all kinds of dumb questions that put him in a bad mood. 




He would always toss up his head, spin and walk away while swishing his tail.  It was fun making someone else's day as miserable as mine!







The beds were always on the list, first mine, then my parents.












Then I had to feed the horses, but I was not allowed to play with Boots or give her any extra attention.  I was allowed to say good morning to her, but that was it.  I could see that she was sad without me and that gave me another reason to be mad at dad.














There were toilets to be cleaned everyday.  







While I was doing the 'hard work' as dad put it, 
I found out that mom....


was doing this!!




I usually find it really hard to be mad at mom, but I'm telling you, I was not impressed with this.  I know; 
' It's all my fault I'm grounded ' blah blah blah. 
' The only person I should be mad at is myself ', blah blah blah. 

Whatever!  I really don't think what I did is cause to treat me like a cleaning lady!  Now I was also mad at mom.


Later I asked about giving Boots her bottle.  But I found out that...
















Mom had taken over feeding Boots twice a day.  



*Little Traitor*  
' What happened to not liking mom?!  I guess all it takes it popping a bottle in your mouth and you're their new best friend! '  



I have to say that kind of hurt, but I promised myself I wasn't going to cry.  I will not cry! So I took all that emotion and poured it into the two hours of dance I'm supposed to do in the afternoon.


Mom and dad said that practicing dance would teach me discipline. To me, dance was just fun so I didn't see how this was punishment. I was actually getting pretty good! 



I figured in no time, I would be leaping across the floor like I was flying!  If only I could keep my balance without holding onto the bar.  


I decided I was going to be a solo dancer; none of this dancing with girls.  Besides, living on an isolated island, what girls would be around to dance with anyway? 



After dance, I still had my regular studies to do for the day, although mom had dropped it down to one subject each day, or else I would have been up till midnight! 

While I was busy doing all this cleaning and learning, dad took over keeping an eye on the horses, and made me mad all over again.  He completely broke his word.  All the time he told me to stay away from the big horses.  They are wild horses Jin, he had said and you can't trust wild horses. They are not pets Jin, he had said.  You need to give them space, he said.  



Then what does he go and do? He decides to start riding them!  

Soooo what does that make them then dad?  I was steaming mad! But, I didn't do anything that was going to extend my grounding, even though I really, really wanted to!  So NOT fair!    






On my third day of grounding I was listening to the radio while practicing my dancing, when the weather report came on.  They were talking about a really bad storm coming our way and used the phrase tropical disturbance.  I didn't know what a tropical disturbance was so I looked it up on the computer.  I had no idea there were storms like this!  The more I read about hurricanes the more scared I became.  Even a category one storm could do damage to homes or even kill people.  I got really worried and decided to talk to my mom about it.

I asked her if she had heard about the weather.  She said she had but she really didn't think it would come as far out as we were.  

"Please mom!  We need to do something for the horses!  We need to keep them safe."

"What do you think we should do then."



"A barn.  A barn would keep them safe."

"Oh Jin.  I'm sorry honey but you are talking to the wrong person.  You need to go and talk to your father and if I were you, I would start with an apology for the computer incident.  I would also suggest that you MEAN IT!" she said giving me that mother look. 






"But I am sorry." 

"Good, then I suggest you tell him that!"

"Couldn't you maybe ask him about the barn?"  I asked.




Mom chuckled and gave me a hug.
















"Oh Jin," she said.  "Go find your dad."



















Turns out that when I went to find dad he was already clearing a spot for the barn.  He had heard about the storm too.  He had to clear away quite a bit of the back hill to fit the size of barn we needed for three horses.  He said perhaps the deer would want to take shelter in the barn too.  He told me he had decided to build a two storey barn, so that we could do all our messy stuff like sculpting in the barn. He also said, he thought perhaps an inventing table of some sort would be a good idea too, but he was still thinking about it.  

He asked me to help him build the barn.  When it was all done, it was a good sturdy barn! We painted it green to help it blend into the landscape a bit.   Later that day the rains began to fall.  The storm had begun.


The horses were quite happy to go into the barn to get out of the storm.  All but Boots, who wanted to enter the house because she was scared of the wind.  But dad put her in her pen and there she stayed till morning.  It rained all the following day and dad wouldn't let me go outside, so I took advantage of playing on my indoor playground!  First time I had done it since I first saw it. 








































It was a lot of fun and it turns out that the teeter totter worked for adults too!


Dad and I spent most of the afternoon playing upstairs while mom tended her garden and played with Aria.  


It was a good day............ till night came.





ThanX to all my readers and friends for following along with the story!  Now just below you can leave me a little comment by clicking on No Comments or comments (depending on if you are first) and perhaps click on the G+1 to recommend me to the public! Plus if you enter in your email up top (totally private no worries) you can receive alerts when there is a new post.  You are the best!!

Content Used In This Chapter

Jin's Camo Shorts (EA shorts recoloured by me)
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8644400

Jin's Hair- Joey by Cazy at TSR
http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims3-hair-hairstyles-male/title/joey-hairstyle--child/id/1273277

Maya's long hair-Nightcrawler's Let Loose
http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/Nightcrawler_Sims/downloads/details/category/sims4-hair-hairstyles-female/title/nightcrawler-let-loose/id/1280392

Maya's Short hair with bow- NewSeaYU093Rachel
http://simmingitout.blogspot.ca/2013/10/newsea-yu093-v1.html

Contemporary Carpet 12  by PralineSims
(In Foyer)
http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims3-sets-objects-decorative/title/contemporary-carpets-12/id/1214756


Poses

Bedside Manner by Spladoum
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=453549
(Jin in lighthouse)








2 comments:

  1. Hi Bmit, I did leave a comment on google yesterday! I love it, poor kid found himself in trouble for doing something wrong. I didn't see anything wrong with my middle name or Jinn full name? Hugs girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the story & the pics. I wish I had thought of making my kids do lots of chores when they needed a punishment! They probably would have never done anything "bad" ever again after the first time! lol

    ReplyDelete